The Smart Cube’s Co-Founder and MD, Omer Abdullah, named a ‘Provider Pro to Know’ by Supply & Demand Chain Executive
London/New Delhi, 27 February 2019: Omer Abdullah, Co-Founder and Managing Director of The Smart Cube – a global provider of research and analytics solutions – has been named a supply chain ‘Provider Pro to Know’ by leading industry publication, Supply & Demand Chain Executive.
The Provider Pros to Know is a listing of individuals from a software firm or service provider, consultancy or academia, who helped their supply chain clients or the supply chain community at large prepare to meet the significant challenges in the year ahead.
Through the smart use of data, business intelligence and analytics, Omer is driving client benefits including up to 15% savings across the supply chain, revenue growth through effective supplier management and supplier-enabled innovation, and deeper partnerships with business stakeholders. Recent examples of successful outcomes include:
- For a leading industrial company: Identified alternative supply markets and negotiation levers for key raw material and product categories resulting in savings worth $4m (65-75% savings on average per category)
- For a top-10 biopharma business: Identified savings worth $1.8m through scenario analysis for switching chemical raw materials source from distributors to manufacturers
- For a global snack foods company: Through Production Plan Optimisation across the supply chain, identified potential for 6% reduction in annual shift count, and monetary savings due to optimisation of changeover costs
- For a premium US clothes retailer: Through spend analytics, helped the client save 40 man-hours and realise 10% savings on combined spend for a key category
- For a global biopharma company: Developed a multi-step sourcing strategy to understand the client’s Print & Fulfilment requirements, alongside current market dynamics, to identify the optimum category procurement strategy, with $6m expected savings over 3 years
Commenting on the announcement, Omer Abdullah, Co-Founder and MD of The Smart Cube said: “It is an honour to be selected as one of this year’s Provider Pros to Know by Supply & Demand Chain Executive. The recognition is testament to The Smart Cube’s commitment to delivering continuous value and improvement to our procurement and supply chain clients, through a unique blend of powerful, actionable and accelerated data-driven insights. I am proud that our approach has allowed us to build meaningful relationships with our clients, with more than 90% choosing to continue working with us year over year.”
John Yuva, Editor of Supply & Demand Chain Executive said: “Every year we receive more submissions from outstanding supply chain leaders. It’s evidence of the growth in the supply chain profession as well as the importance of the profession within companies. Supply & Demand Chain Executive congratulates the 2019 Supply & Demand Chain Executive Pros to Know recipients. Our Pros to Know listing showcases the leaders and innovators shaping the profession and making substantial impact on their companies. We commend this year’s recipients for their achievements in supply chain and for paving the way for the next generation of exceptional supply chain leaders. This year’s recipients embody the commitment to transformative supply chain tools and processes, earning these individuals a rightful place in this year’s Pros to Know listing.”
Gautam Singh, CEO and Co-Founder of The Smart Cube said: “Omer is passionate about applying data and analytics to enhance supply chain operations and manage risk for our international client base, which comprises nearly a third of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100. He strives to identify new ways to add value to clients, via fact-based decision making and leveraging supplier relationships, to build the supply chain’s contribution to the wider business. His strong industry expertise and exceptional leadership qualities makes the Pro to Know recognition well deserved.”
For more information, please contact:
Jenny Rushforth, Senior Communications Manager
Tel: +44 (0) 7739 363 997
About The Smart Cube
The Smart Cube is a global provider of research and analytics solutions, primarily serving the CPG, Energy and Chemicals, Financial Services, Industrials, Life Sciences and Retail sectors.
Addressing the needs of businesses in the intelligence age, our customised solutions provide a truly connected approach, delivered by talented minds and strengthened by Amplifi, our organisational intelligence platform, rich with knowledge, cutting edge tools and advanced analytics.
We work with a third of companies in the FTSE and Fortune 100, helping them make smarter decisions, accelerate value and gain a competitive edge.
We are headquartered in the UK with additional offices in the USA, Switzerland, Romania and India.
For more information, visit thesmartcube.com.