- Like Press Release
The Smart Cube announces new release to Amplifi PRO, with updates designed to support procurement teams coming out of the pandemic
July ’21 developments include integrated category dashboards, more alternative commodity sourcing destinations and greater coverage on indirect categories
London, 12 July 2021: The Smart Cube, a global provider of strategic research and analytics solutions, has released the latest version of Amplifi PRO, its on-demand digital procurement intelligence platform for the worldwide procurement community.
With procurement teams still grappling with ongoing turbulence from the pandemic, as well as planning for post-pandemic strategies, new features in Amplifi PRO have been designed to support agile decision-making at this critical time.
Significant impacts have been felt on key categories and major commodity groups, presenting procurement organisations with significant day to day challenges, as well as the ongoing need to find new sources of value and diversify their supply base with alternative sourcing destinations.
The latest Amplifi PRO release addresses these challenges, with updates including:
- Integrated category intelligence dashboards: The January release saw category coverage enhanced with the addition of several new intelligence types; this latest development provides users with a single point of access to each category, and an overall more cohesive view, to aid faster decision making.
- Double the number of key commodity sourcing destinations (up from 40 to 80): Our interactive dashboards can identify the best sourcing locations for key commodities based on user-defined criteria. This includes comparative insight into the top five strategic locations, tariff rates and prices, and analysis of how the economic, political and social makeup of those regions will impact a sourcing strategy.
- Increased commodity price coverage: Now covering 5,000 commodities across agro, dairy, livestock, petchem, minerals, metals, resins and fuels.
- Expansion of coverage for indirect categories: Significant content additions across insights reports (at the regional level) and deep-dive reports, as well as category briefings, resulting in coverage of approximately 80% of all major indirect spend areas.
- Topical insight reports: These reports help category managers understand the impacts of disruptive events and geopolitical changes, including earthquakes, pandemics, extreme weather incidents and more. Coverage includes which regions and supply markets will be affected, how long the effects will last and how to act to ensure supply continuity.
The Amplifi PRO user experience has also been enhanced with the adoption of more powerful search functionality enabling full-text search, real-time indexing, and dynamic clustering. Content can now be searched across the whole platform, providing a faster and more accurate user experience.
Gaurav Kumar, COO, The Smart Cube, commented: “Our development roadmap for Amplifi PRO is driven by ongoing customer feedback and platform analytics, which give us deep insights into user journeys and preferences. A strong focus for this release was to provide even more content that is specific to the challenges procurement teams are facing today, as well as the single category dashboards, which will enable more rapid and insight-led decision making.
Notes to Editors
Some key examples of specific integrated category dashboards by sector include:
- CPG: Sugar, beef, coffee, almonds, milk, dairy, eggs, poultry
- Industrials: Metal and alloys (stainless steel, aluminium, copper, etc.), machinery and equipment, aerospace and defence equipment, chemicals (including soda ash, PTA, HDPE, resins, paints and coatings)
- Life Sciences: Lab equipment and supplies, cell and gene therapies, APIs, Pharma R&D
- Indirects: Packaging, logistics, IT and telecom, MRO, FM, marketing, MICE and travel, professional services (including legal and HR services)
For media enquiries, please contact:
Jenny Rushforth, Director of Communications and Content
Tel: +44 (0) 7739 363 997