- Like Resource
Ep 14 Inside Procurement: The value of market intelligence – Part 1
In the first part of this two-part feature, we discuss market intelligence (MI) and its benefits, specifically addressing three questions:
- What’s the value of MI and what should it help you do?
- How can you access MI and in what types of formats?
- What are the specific questions that business must ask to maximise MI?
With supply chains becoming ever more complex and dynamic, procurement professionals are challenged with getting a lot done at a much faster pace and in a fact-based manner. To develop and implement well-rounded strategies, they need to seek and harness robust MI, which can help them:
- Achieve category management excellence
- Reduce and avoid costs
- Engage in robust supplier management
- Effectively manage commodity and feedstock volatility
- Become more credible with stakeholders
Watch the video to learn how MI can be sourced through both internal and external sources. In our next video, we will explore the role of syndicated and custom providers.
Be sure to subscribe to our bi-monthly series for the latest concepts and ideas that influence procurement and supply chain executives. If you’d like to learn more about our Procurement offerings, click here.
Omer is a co-founder of the firm and leads The Smart Cube’s business across The Americas. He has more than 25 years of management consulting, global corporate and industry experience across North America, Europe and Asia.
Prior roles include A.T. Kearney (North America), Warner Lambert (USA) and The Perrier Group (Asia-Pacific). Omer has an MBA from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, USA and a BBA from the University of East Asia