At The Smart Cube we’re excited by new challenges and thrilled by new projects. We’re a team of smart and inspired individuals, who are passionate about what we do. There’s a real buzz everywhere you look.
Free yourself from conventional thinking
We want the next generation to be bold and be brilliant. We want you to look at a problem and see unlimited potential. Resolvr – our competition for teams from engineering, MBA and postgraduate colleges – is the brainchild of this conviction.
What we do completely changes the way our clients make decisions, every day. We encourage new ideas and are continuously striving, evolving, and growing. Our pioneering approach and innovative thinking generates true insights. Yours can too.
Who is the Resolvr competition open to?
The competition is open to final year students of graduate, engineering, MBA and postgraduate colleges in India
Teams are welcome to participate in both Research, and Data Analytics case study competitions
What is the registration process?
During registrations, the teams are requested to submit a soft copy of the college ID cards in the form of an image (file type: .jpg) – teams not submitting these will be disqualified.
Once the team registers an automated email will be sent to the team members with their login ID and password for accessing the Resolvr portal.
Using the login details, the team can view the case study and upload the final output.
How does the competition work?
The Resolvr competition comprises two rounds, a presentation submission and live web presentation. Each team will comprise four participants with one Point of Contact.
How do I submit our team presentation?
Teams will have to submit the case solution in an MS PowerPoint presentation (file size limit – 5 MB), comprising up to eight slides (including illustrations and excluding table of contents, bibliography, cover page, and end page) by September 8 (23:30 Hrs IST)
Final outputs should be uploaded to www.resolvr.thesmartcube.com.
The following format needs to be followed for the filename for the case study competition:
- Research <College Name> <Team Name> <ddmmyy>
- DA <College Name> <Team Name> <ddmmyy>
- For instance, Research – IIM, Lucknow – Data Analysts – 050919
- IIM, Lucknow is the name of the college and Data Analysts is the name of the team; the team submitted the output for Research case study
The following formatting and language guidelines need to be kept in mind:
- Font style should be Calibri
- Language should be UK English
- Teams are free to use any font size, colour, and line spacing
Please follow these guidelines for the MS PowerPoint presentation:
- The first slide of the presentation must comprise an executive summary of the solution suggested by the team; this should be limited to one slide
- The next 7 slides of the presentation should capture the actual solution and analysis presented by the teams
- Bibliography should be limited to 1 slide
- There is no predetermined structure to analyse the case; participants are free to use any framework that best illustrates and provides convincing arguments to support their solutions
- Participants are free to use charts, graphs, tables, etc.
- The end slide of the document should have the names of all four participants, along with their college registration/roll numbers and CGPAs/Percentage (as per the latest available semester)
- The participants must make appropriate references to the sources of information and data on every slide
How are the case studies judged?
Case presentations will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Originality, creativity, and uniqueness of the idea (highest weighting)
- Implementation scope, scale, and sustainability of the idea
- The idea’s alignment with the company’s vision and the manner in which it can leverage the company’s strengths (“company” here refers to the company in the case; not The Smart Cube)
- Thoroughness of research and analysis to defend the viability and execution of the idea
- Parameters such as structuring of information in slides; language will also be assessed
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited; any team found to be plagiarising will be disqualified
The top 10 shortlisted teams across colleges will be required to present the final output to the panel
What happens if we are shortlisted?
- Selected teams will be contacted via email by The Smart Cube’s University Relations team
- They will be required to give a presentation via Google Hangouts
- While The Smart Cube can provide their login details, the respective teams will have to share their own Google Hangouts login details
- The Smart Cube’s University Relations team will connect with the shortlisted teams to schedule this based on the team’s availability
What do the winning teams win?
The top three teams selected by the panel will be offered a preplacement interview by The Smart Cube;
In addition, the winners will be given the following rewards:
- First Position: INR 24,000
- Second Position: INR 16,000
- Third Position: INR 10,000
Final results will be announced on October 16 at 20:00 Hrs IST on The Smart Cube’s Facebook and LinkedIn Pages; winners will be contacted via email.
For any queries on the case study or the profile of the analysts that TSC is looking at, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject ‘Resolvr Case Study Competition’.